Well after a long wait our latest MovieMakers production is now shipping! Movie Making 101 is a DVD perfect for the beginning filmmaker. The main 60min video gives an overview of all the major stages of making a movie as presented by an amusing chalkboard teacher. It is interspersed with practical ideas that we have learned and found useful in our own filmmaking. These ideas are perfect for a filmmaker on a tight budget with limited resources. Some of the subjects include:
- How to get story ideas
- Outlining your story
- Why and how to use storyboarding and animatics
- Sets and costumes
- Choosing and buying equipment
- Finding people to work with
- Directing actors
- Communicating through lighting
- Communicating through camera movements
- Ideas for recording better sound
- How to use transitions
- Foley and sound libraries
- Visual effects
- Colour correction and colour grading
- And more!
The DVD also includes: Movie Making 101 (featured 60min film), director/producer commentary, the full animatic for the film, and a short video “Responsibility of the Story Teller”.
Movie Making 101 is available through the MovieMaking 101 online store: Buy Movie Making 101 now!